What is Garbh sanskar?
Garbh Sanskar, a scientifically proven fact, is an amazing way of teaching/ educating and bonding with unborn baby in womb during pregnancy. Traditionally it is believed that child’s mental set up along with personality is greatly influenced by the thoughts of mother during pregnancy.
Garbh sanskar involves tradition diet herbs as per indication, Yoga, Music some of Behavioural and thinking practices and ayurvedic medication as and when required. All these course of actions are precursor to bring harmony in the child that is to be born.
These methods start before a year or more before conception, including entire period of pregnancy and helps for easy and natural childbirth. And the guidance is continued until the child is of 1 year or older. Shortly the program covers Prenatal Period, Preganancy and Postnatal Period.
Garbh Sanskar process not only benefits unborn baby but also has immense benefits for mother too.
Vedic reasons behind Garbh Sanskar
You can invite divine souls to take birth as transition phase is going on. Spiritually during this time all the divine souls are keen to take birth. Divine souls come with good learning to perform good acts in this world. Hence are constantly looking for the right parents, perfect environment where they are groomed in such a manner so that they can continue with their noble work which may be purpose of re-birth. Therefore, the couple has to increase the good karmic level to such an extent that the divine soul chooses it to be its parents. Since all this is possible only during the pregnancy phase which we strongly believe is one of the most important, precious and delicate phase in the lifetime of any mother. People who follow our most advanced Garbh Sanskar antenatal classes sincerely get desirable results.
Role of Yagna
Yagna is a spiritual experiment of sacrificing and sublimating the havana samagri (herbal preparations) in the fire accompanied by the chanting of Vedic mantras. when performed on a small scale is also known as havan, homam or agnihotra.
The philosophy of yagna teaches a way of living in the society in harmony and a lifestyle which promotes and protects higher human values in the society, which is indeed the basis of an ideal human culture.
It helps to invite spiritually sound soul on the earth
Prenatal care -
Ayurveda is the science of life and has its own origin from India, deep rooted in the Vedic Knowledge. There are four features responsible for Procreation and any fault in any of these will result into improper reproduction or the product of such will have one or other problems. .
These four features are as follows
|• Ritu||-||The ideal season/age of the couple/time of copulation i.e. during Ritukala of female partner.|
|• Kshetra||-||The site/place – here the female uterus|
|• Beeja||-||The reproductive organs and principles of patterns.|
|• Ambu||-||The nutrition for the foetus.|
When all these factors are of excellent quality, the product or the resultant also will be of excellent qualities. Can we prevent or correct the genetical or hereditary abnormalities with these? Probably the answer is yes it may be possible
Steps for Garbhadhan Purva Sanskar
|• Prakriti Parikshan||-||Test of body constitution|
|• Panchkarma – Sharir Shuddhi||-||Body cleansing procedures|
|• Ahar Shuddhi||-||Food Planning|
|• Vihar Shuddhi – Deen Charya||-||Daily Routine|
|• Bramha Charya Palana||-||--------|
|• Nadi Shuddhi||-||Evam Yogic Kriya|
|• Paryavarna Shuddhi||-||Neetya Dhoop Deep|
Above all are practices for minimum 90 days.
The approach of ayurveda to antenatal care is unique. It starts along with fertilization and continues till labor. Each and every aspect of growing foetus its needs along with health of mother for an easy, smooth and state child birth are covered under the heading of “Garbhini Paricharya”.
Four Features of Garbhini Paricharya
|Rakshakarma||-||Preventive and Protective measures|
- Aahar – Diet :
- Along with normal nutritious diet, specific diets for each month of Antenatal period depend on EMBRYOGENESIS.
- Diets with specific impact on the foetus, specifically effective on reproductive & endocrine system.
- Specific diets explained in the Vedic & Vedantic Literature etc. for better care of mother and child.
- Prevention of congenital anomalies through diet
- Exercise :
- Physical Exercise
- Yogic Exercise
- We advice special exercise to prepare herself for child birth.
- These are non – strenuous, passive exercise which will improve the flexibility of muscles involved in child birth.
- Yogic exercise helpful for mental as well as spiritual development of foetus.
- Jala – The Bath :
- It prevents the onslaught of various bodily illnesses, esp. skin diseases which are obstinate to mind.
- Bath of Garbhini is given more importance in the classics.
- Sadvritta :
- Remaining pleasant always. Holy rituals, holy fire offerings etc. respecting and worship of elderly persons, divine personalities, deity observing the code of conduct put forth by elderly persons of the family. Not indulging in all matters that injures the mental stability and status.
- Rakshakarma :
- Ancient Vaccination
- Treatment for safe Delivery
- Garbha Raksha Mantra
During pregnancy both mother & foetus are protected from the onslaught of various mental afflictions through Rakshakarma viz.
- Dhupa, Deepa, Yajna
- Panchamasi & Seemantonayan Sanskar
To return to normal
- To maintain good health
- To prevent diseases
- With prescribed medicine
- With prescribed diet and rest
- With prescribed care of the genitals & breasts
- With regular exercise,
- By adopting stress free life